Friday, June 11, 2010

Hasta Luego

Three days before I fly to Mexico, my friends and I meet at a bar in D.C. for a farewell bash. Half the crowd is from grad school, so there's a lot of academic talk mixed in with the typical D.C. wonkery.

We're there maybe six hours, talking about international communication and diplomacy and online dating and Strasburg's debut, and the evening is complete when Michaele Salahi herself teeters through the crowd in a pair of strappy sandals, her hair a color and texture rarely observed in nature. Sure, she looks as if she's heading toward the bathroom, but I know why she's really here: to crash my party, of course.

I am definitely going to miss D.C.

* * * Just a friendly PSA to remind you that over the next two months, I'll be blogging at this site: http://mexicosummer2010.blogspot.com/. Feel free to follow me there -- or give your noggin a rest from my blogging and meet me back here in August.

A propos of nothing, that last sentence sounded way more like a Cole Porter lyric than I'd intended....

No comments:

Post a Comment